Michio Kaku is an American theoretical physicist, futurist, and popularizer of science. He is a professor of theoretical physics in the City College of New York and CUNY Graduate Center. Kaku has written several books about physics and related topics, has made frequent appearances on radio, television, and film, and writes online blogs and articles.
Only 42 minutes long, it is pretty concise given that it covers the gist of the importance and history of physics, as well as that of the universe as a whole and our understanding of it.
Enjoy the presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NbBjNiw4tk
Kaku is the author of various popular science books:
- Beyond Einstein: The Cosmic Quest for the Theory of the Universe (with Jennifer Thompson) (1987)
- Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the Tenth Dimension (1994)
- Visions: How Science Will Revolutionize the 21st Century (1998)
- Einstein's Cosmos: How Albert Einstein's Vision Transformed Our Understanding of Space and Time (2004)
- Parallel Worlds: A Journey through Creation, Higher Dimensions, and the Future of the Cosmos (2004)
- Physics of the Impossible: A Scientific Exploration into the World of Phasers, Force Fields, Teleportation, and Time Travel (2008)
- Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100 (2011)
- The Future of the Mind: The Scientific Quest to Understand, Enhance, and Empower the Mind (2014)
- The Future of Humanity: Terraforming Mars, Interstellar Travel, Immortality, and Our Destiny Beyond Earth (2018) ISBN 978-0525589532
Picture from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michio_Kaku